Every garden can benefit by including Heucheras (Coral Bells or Alum Root)! Here are some reasons why!
- They are resilient, easy-to-grow perennials that require little maintenance, water, or fertilizer
- If they dry out unlike many plants they tend to rebound quickly
- Available in a wide range of foliage and bloom colors, leaf shapes, sizes, and textures
- Attract butterflies and hummingbirds
- Add color and interest to shaded gardens
- Have minimal problems with pests or diseases
- Can be divided after a few years to increase the garden’s bounty
- Flower stalks and leaves can both be used in cut arrangements and last a longer time
Hummingbirds and Heuchera
Due to their high amounts of nectar and bright coloration, Heuchera are very good at attracting hummingbirds and butterflies to the garden!
Here are some videos displaying Heuchera in gardens.
Marty DeHart of Hewitt Garden and Design Center showcases the color foliage of various Coral Bells (Heucheras).
Hampton Court 2010 – Vicky and Richard Fox of Plantagogo Nursery in Crewe, Cheshire in the UK, show their beautiful national collection of Coral Bells and Heucherellas.
A video filmed at Terra Nova – Bring year-round color and foliage to your garden with new and old Heuchera favorites!
To purchase Heuchera varieties, please visit our Buy Heuchera Page.